ALDOT urges motorists to drive safely this holiday | Transportation
Highway travel during the 2012 Labor Day holiday weekend is expected to be heavy in Alabama during the three-day holiday weekend and as the college football season begins. The Alabama Department of Transportation urges motorists to drive safely in their travels.
As an added precaution during the heavily traveled holiday, ALDOT today announced there would be no temporary lane closures on Alabama interstates from 12 noon Friday, Aug. 31 to midnight Monday, Sept. 3.
Limiting roadwork during this busy holiday period is a safety measure for the traveling public, construction industry workers and maintenance crews. Throughout the year, ALDOT limits road construction during major holiday weekends. Emergency lane closures may be possible dependant on specific circumstances on interstates and other state roadways.
Safe driving starts with you. Always buckle up, obey speed limits, and never text or drink while driving. Join the Drive Safe Revolution. Visit drivesafealabama.org.
ALDOT's mission is to provide a safe, efficient, environmentally and economically sound transportation network across Alabama. For road condition information, visit www.dot.state.al.us.
Top Andalusia Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- McKenzie High School Student Awarded Electric Cooperative Foundation Scholarship
- Shoney’s® Offers Free All-American Burger™ to All Veterans and Troops on Memorial Day
- Upcoming Butler County Board of Education meetings
- The Red Cross is hosting a blood drive in Greenville today
- Memorial Day - Celebrating the Birth of Liberty in Greenville