The American Red Cross is holding a blood drive in Andalusia today | Events
The American Red Cross Blood Services, Alabama and Central Gulf Coast Region, which supplies blood to approximately 100 hospitals, needs 600 blood donors each day to meet the needs of patients in the region. Please call 1-800-RED-CROSS or visit www.redcrossblood.org to make an appointment to donate blood or platelets.
A blood drive is being held in Andalusia today, August 18th at Walmart from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m.
To give blood, you must weigh at least 110 pounds; you must be at least 17 years old (16 with parental consent), and you must be in general good health. If you are sick and cannot donate, please recruit a friend or family member to give in your place. All donors must have a photo ID or American Red Cross donor card.
If you plan on giving blood:
Double your fluid intake in the 48 hours leading up to the drive.
Eat a nutritious meal the night before, as well as the day of, the blood drive.
Eat iron-rich foods such as lean beef, broccoli, eggs, greens, shrimp or dried beans.
Consume foods rich in Vitamin C, such as citrus fruits, cabbage, tomatoes and sweet potatoes.
Get a good night’s sleep before the drive.
The need is constant. The gratification is instant. Give Blood.
Source: American Red Cross
Top Andalusia Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- McKenzie High School Student Awarded Electric Cooperative Foundation Scholarship
- Shoney’s® Offers Free All-American Burger™ to All Veterans and Troops on Memorial Day
- Upcoming Butler County Board of Education meetings
- The Red Cross is hosting a blood drive in Greenville today
- Memorial Day - Celebrating the Birth of Liberty in Greenville