Shots fired following police chase that spanned two counties | Crime
OPP, AL (WSFA) - The Opp Police Department has launched an investigation after a police chase that spanned two counties reportedly ended with gunshots.
According to the Alabama Department of Public Safety, Alabama State Troopers initiated the chase in Crenshaw County near Brantley after the driver refused to pull over for speeding. The chase eventually led into Covington County when the Opp Police Department was called in to assist.
Opp Police deployed stop strips. The vehicle ran over the spikes and came to a stop. At that time, Opp Police reportedly fired shots while on the scene.
No additional details are available at this time.
Alabama State Troopers have not been called to investigate this incident at this time, however, it is common for the ABI to investigate any time a law enforcement officer is involved in a shooting incident.
Top Andalusia Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Luverne man leads authorities on a 20 mile, 142 mph chase
- Alabama releases 2011-2012 graduation rate for Crenshaw County Schools
- Man wanted in Montgomery's 26th homicide turns self in to Luverne Police
- Craft Day is today at Luverne Public Library
- Crenshaw County author to hold book signing in Montgomery
- Butler County Board of Education proposed meeting agenda
- Alabama releases 2011-2012 graduation rates for Butler County Schools
- Greenville man says his brother tried to shoot him while he was on the toilet
- News from the Greenville Area Chamber of Commerce
- The Red Cross is hosting a blood drive in Greenville today